Search This Blog

honey, I remember; I remember it so well
and I take it in my stride
that you have fallen further than before
and risen with those wings it gave you

honey, I remember; I can sense it still
the whispering of paper then, when we were not us
but we belonged and fought and wrote
until the pen dripped its tears and music

honey, I remember; I won't let it slip away
but number than the pain we felt,
rain on a cold face that doesn't care:
the silent laughter in those happy eyes of yours

honey, I remember; when all is said
we're done, that's fine
and you are smiling sharper than before
less blurred because we are not crying

honey, I remember; it made us who we are
and never will I tell you
treason though it is, I wish you were still hurting:
Your pain was mine and drew us closer

honey, I remember; I wonder if you do
but doubt clouds life now you have gone-
you're brighter, nearer, like the sun-
and empty halls echo with my feet