Search This Blog

It makes me so sad, looking at you,
seeing your eyes start to fade into your skull
as though nothing's there but two

little stones: I can't believe
we came to this, yet come we did,
mashing and crushing life under our feet

Like the white berries on the bush
that we used to count, silently in our heads-
but that is done, I will not push

myself into your dying aura,
yellowy candlelight slowly bleeding out
into the darkness you weave under

your feet with each tiny step-
but no longer; you're striding boldy now,
gone is the tentative beauty, left

behind like a second skin and you are
fading behind that new face you wear
and in the midst of it all, your weakened heart

is crying out for what you used to know-
too late! You are gone, and the wind does not care
where you are, and where you go

when you are alone in your mind,
well I used to know - remember- but now
I will not venture to attempt to find

the girl I used to know among those tons
of secrets and silences which pile up in your side,
because she will not search either; you have won.